• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rust and fouling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDP1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What is the best way to clean at the breach plug area.I always seem to get some rust and fouling from the bottom of the outside of the breach plug.Also if you look down the bore there seems to be small white spots that I can't get rid of.Is that corrosion.

Probably just bluing wear which is normal on hidden parts of the barrel. Just keep it clean and wiped with a rust preventative as you do with the rest of the barrel.

I clean and dry the breach area with a small bore brush with a patch on it. I clean and dry the flash channel with a pipe cleaner though the nipple or clean out hole.I finish up the breach area with a squirt of W-D 40 with a straw then dry up the excess oil with a pipe cleaner and a small bore brush with a patch.
Mike

Back