• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sacramento CA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptleo1

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My company is wanting to transfer me out there.

I have been dragging my feet, trying to find out about BP shooting/hunting out there.

Can anybody shed any light on this place ?

I Know nothing about CA. (Last time I was there they sent me to SE Asia)

Ohh lets see, how about the dumb anti gun laws? No SKS's, no .50 cal. Barretts, etc. How bout the You can't spank your own kid law they are either trying to pass or maybe have passed by now? There are a lot of others but i can't remember them right now. I'm sure you know more about the Dumb Cal. laws though, after all you are unfortunate enough to live there.

Rebel said:
I'm sure you know more about the Dumb Cal. laws though, after all you are unfortunate enough to live there.

You may be correct about me knowing more, can't say, but I actually love it here. The money's great. :grin:

Back on topic - the hunting sucks where I live, but it's better in the Northern part of the state.

http://www.fgc.ca.gov/html/regs.html

cptleo,

There is a lot to hunt in CA. And a lot of good hunting near Sacramento. PT me if you're interested in talking. GW

I've got a brother who lives near there, and he reports that finding a good range is lots harder than finding good hunting. There's no shortage of hunting if you're willing to drive, but not so many places to simply go out and plink like we did when we were kids.

I'd take Gray Whiskers up on his generous offer, cuzz there's more to it than the sideline kneeslappers would like you to believe. As Claude says, there's more money there too.

Back