• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sacrifices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrat79

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I just had to post this video clip on the sacrifices that we as hunters make. While some of the item in the list may not pertain to muzzloading you can get the general idea. follow the link, I hope it works.
[url] http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/RoadRat79/?action=view&current=Sacrifices.flv[/url] :rotf:

Well I hope you got a little laugh :rotf: out of it I know that I did. Have a good one,

RoadRat :v

Last edited by a moderator:
wow :youcrazy: i must be a cheapo then :shake: :rotf: ,cause here's my cost of hunting fer ten years including a new gun :shocked2: ....

My hunting costs for 10 years ending in 2004 in PA

doz arrows-------------------------- 75.00
doz broad heads--------------------- 20.00
Bow cost----------------------------100.00
100 round balls .50------------------ 8.00
100 lubed patches------------------- 4.50
2 lb of goex 3f---------------------- 36.00
1 lb of goex 4f---------------------- 18.00
hunting lic 10 yrs----------------- 200.00
10 yrs archery stamps------------ 160.00
2 yrs muzzle loading---------------- 22.00
T/C hawkens .50-------------------450.00
2 yrs bear stamps------------------ 32.00
10 yrs doe tags 3 each year------- 180.00
total- 1305.50
divided by 14 deer= 93.25 a deer
14 deer avg. 70 lbs meat each = 1.33 a pound
14 deer avg. 60 lbs meat each = 1.55 a pound
14 deer avg. 50 lbs meat each = 1.87 a pound
14 deer avg. 40 lbs meat each = 2.33 a pound
14 deer avg. 30 lbs meat each = 3.10 a pound

of course i didn't add in gas cause don't ya always have gas in the car all the time anyway :hmm: i also don't pay fer a lease to hunt deer as i can find deer on public game lands :blah: ....i don't need new this and new that every year so that will bring my cost down....at the small avg of meat from my deer it only costs me 3.10 a pound :grin: :v ..........bob

RoadRat,
Some wifes just don't understand the sacifices that we make for them:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:
I don't add up the cost, because I don't want to know,and it would'nt make a difference anyway.
snake-eyes :)

My wife will get upset if I bought a new ATV every year :rotf: :rotf:
Billk

:rotf: Damn, if I show that to my wife, I will NEVER get back in the woods!! I tried to figure out how much each squirrel cost me and I gave up. It ain't cheap!!

Pork Chop said:
It ain't cheap!!
Pork Chop,
Mrs snake is great about my going hunting. The
money "we" spend is no problem. Where she has a slight bit of understanding is why I need 5 or 6
M/L's to hunt 2 or 3 dangerous animals(especially
the most dangerous of them all,the squirrel)
When I get them, I have to call ahead so she can leave until I get them not looking like a
squirrel. She eats them, she just don't want to have a personal relationship with them.
I think the next time I won't call ahead....:rotf::rotf:We will see what happens!
snake-eyes :)

Mrs. Pork Chop used to be more squeamish about what I drag home, but after a nice squirrel brunswick stew and a few venison roasts, she has mellowed a bit. She still doesn't want me to talk about the mechanics of it, nor does she want our daughters to really understand, but my oldest wants to go hunting! :grin:

Pork Chop said:
Mrs. Pork Chop used to be more squeamish about what I drag home, but after a nice squirrel brunswick stew and a few venison roasts, she has mellowed a bit. She still doesn't want me to talk about the mechanics of it, nor does she want our daughters to really understand, but my oldest wants to go hunting! :grin:
PorkChop,
I doubt it was the stew or the venison roast, but
the fact maybe she understands more than you know.
I know Ms snake does!
snake-eyes :hmm:

My wife has no problem at all with my hunting.
She grew up in a non-hunting family and I don't think she had ever tried wild game before we were married. She loves venison any way we fix it and she loves fried wild turkey just about as well as I do, but she won't try squirrel and rabbit. I can't figure that one out, because she says fried rattlesnake is pretty good. :hmm:
She had to go out of town today for a meeting, and she's gonna pick up a couple of pounds of 3F for me on the way home.
I think I'll keep her. :grin:

Back