• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scalper and belt knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesG

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished then knife today .
The steel is wagoon axle steel. Water quanch the blade. Got the tip to come up like i was wanting it to .
the handle is deer antler stained with leather dye.then true-oil for the finish . I have not sharpen either knife.The guard is iron
I call is a skinner or scalper

Picture2020.jpg

Picture2023.jpg

The next one is a belt knife .Made from American file with oak wood handle and iron on the end.

Picture2025.jpg

Picture2027.jpg

Man, that antler-handled one is just purty! :bow:

The other one is real nice too. :thumbsup:

Nice knives. I've never used wagon axle before. I do have several chunks of buggy spring however that I'm too scared to tackle.

Regards

James can ya give some sizes? blade length, handle length etc, nice looken knives, that oak handled one looks like a beast killer

Thanks for the nice words when I get back from the lake I get the measuments for you .

Alright fellows, Heres the measurments.

First knife is

Total: 12 in long
Blade leng.& half in long
Handle antler : almost 5 in

The second knife is

Total Almost 13 half in.
Handle is 4 1/4 long.
Blades is 91/4 long.

Thanks for the nice words

Latest posts

Back