• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

second hog of the year !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well papaw came down for week sense my parents were on a buisness trip. with him he brought a cva 45 cal kentucky rifle. i like it a lot. its very accurate and handles well. i told papaw i would use it for the week then he could take it back with him when he leaves and he said no u can keep it at your house, i've got 3 more just like it lol. so i now have another gun 2 use.
04220920271.jpg

on saterday we went groundhog hunting. i took the 45. it was almost 90 degrees outside so instead of walking we decided to drive the golf cart around lol lol. we were driving the cart one of our back fields and we were coming up 2 a old bridge. i looked up and saw a hog sitting on the bridge! i stopped the cart and papaw handed me the 45. the hog was on all 4s looking straight forward. this gave me a side shot at the temple. i rested off the stearing wheel and aimed. i could tell the hog was just about to bolt. i hurried my aiming and shot. when the smoke cleared i saw the hog on its back kicking. i drove up and this is what i saw.
04250914191.jpg

you can see the exit hole right below ear
04250914201.jpg

i was very happy that i got a hog with the 45. it definetly wont be its last. i stepped off the shot and it was exactly 60 yards.my load was 40 grains FFF,pillow ticking patched .440 ball. here is a pic of the entrence hole.
04250915271.jpg

a successful hunt.....( i had my sneeking moccasins on ) lol
DSCF0369.jpg

Good hunting, SS! Looks like ya hit that hog right where you were aiming. :thumbsup:

No ground hogs here but I shot many a sassy ground squirrel when I was your age. Keep at it.

GW

Fantastic shot on the 2nd hog! I've been chompin' at the bit to find a good groundhog hunting spot around me, but no luck yet. I've got a .36 begging to be put to the test. Good shootin' and good luck in the future. :hatsoff:

Nice shot Snip.That was one anybody would be proud off, I know I was. Good hunting and shooting. Pawpa Dilly

A good clean kill with a nice rifle! :thumbsup:
Wel done and Waidmanns Heil!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Great shooting, SS! :hatsoff:

Keep it up and you'll have enough fur to make a winter coat! :haha: :shake:

Steve

Back