• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Securely displaying a rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biliff

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Most of us are pretty proud of our rifles and like to display them in a prominent location in the house.
Has anybody come across a secure method of displaying their long guns, ie something that makes it hard for a thief to get a hold of 'em yet still shows 'em off?? Something along the lines of a locking gun rack or maybe a really long enclosed display case?
I realize 100% theft proof isn't going to happen, but it would be nice to have something that would at least slow 'em down a bit.

bought a pitbull to deter theft. lived directly behind the police station and 6mos later my house was robbed of all my valuables and they took the dog too!!

true story humilliating but true :rotf:

Rebel said:
A well trained Rotweiller or Doberman?
That's the best methode I've found if you want a visible display. Also be very cautious who you allow to see the inside of your house. I never let anybody I don't know and trust inside of the living area of our house.

Mike Brooks said:
Rebel said:
A well trained Rotweiller or Doberman?
That's the best methode I've found if you want a visible display. Also be very cautious who you allow to see the inside of your house. I never let anybody I don't know and trust inside of the living area of our house.

And to think I have been wiring my guns up to the 220V dryer outlet... :haha:

Actually, the best way is not to display them, I know it's hard not to show them off, but in this day and age, the less people that know, the better...

I display my guns behind the locked door of my gunsafe. My guns are only shown on a ~~need to see~~ basis.

The fact that the big gunsafe stands on the side of the family room says enough about ~~~this house is armed~~~. Seeing what is really inside is for those who are known and trusted. Others may wonder.

I agree with Bountyhunter.My gun safe has already saved my guns(and camera,binos,etc.)once.The burgler got my S&W revolver and many other items,but the good stuff was safe in the safe.I kept the S&W out of the safe well hidden because of an attempted forced entry while I was home a couple of years earlier.The burgler was thorough and found it.I wouldn't leave a gun out if there were kids in the house.Meth addicts are desperate and a serious problem in the northwest.

try 2 120 lb american bulldogs and a alarm that pissess them off. :blah:
my brother has a sign that says my wife is on the rag i am horny and my dog hasnt ate in 4 days.

I've already got the dogs (they're bird dogs, not rottweilers, but they're fairly large and pretty loud).
Guess I'll have to come up with something on my own. Kinda hate to let the bastards win.

My dogs do leave the house once in awhile...

I use a Noble Guard wall mount lock. Of course, now I can't find them on the web. It locks the same as their 'universal' lock (through the triggerguard), but the back half bolts into a wall stud. A separate piece secures the muzzle. It just barely fits over my wide brass triggerguard.

here is a wal-mart 'locking' gun rack.

And here is one from Ebay

Back