• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seneca .32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizardtrack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Years ago I came across a Douglas barrel in .32 that was stamped 36. So I made a breach plug to fit my Seneca and now I can switch from .45 to .32 very easily. Btw The Seneca had very shallow rifling for the maxi ball that was popular at the time. Since I only shoot RB I deepened the rifling to .012, (I think) it's been so long. anyway it has won quite a few matches afterward.It's a real sleeper.
Seneca.jpg

i have done quite a few on rifling machine. you can also deepen them the same way you would freash out a barrel.

While it wouldn't be cheap, Track of the Wolf and Cains both will built a 32 or 36 cal replacement barrel for TC Seneca rifles. Last year I priced them out and found it would run around $330. I ended up buying another rifle. However I just might spring for a 36 barrel one of these days.

Sorry I'm so late getting back. Years ago I was working for Ken Bresene from Warsaw NY. He made barrels and guns for the big double rest bench matches. He had a rifling machine that he made himself. It was made on a piece of railroad rail, had a big hand crank on and would take out about .0001 at a time. He could idle the drive so that it could follow the existing rifling or set it to any twist from 1x16 to 1x72. His barrels and guns have won gazillions of matches all over the country and some outside it. He's well known at Friendship. I think I worked with him for about 3 years.

Back