• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seneca Run???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do any clubs around you put on Seneca runs anymore?

For any of the newbies it is a woods walk that is timed, maybe a tomahawk throw and a fire start thrown in, if you miss a target keep shooting till you hit it, winner is of course the guy who completes it with the best time.

Our club used to do them when I was younger and I loved them, never won one as we had a two guys who would run through the course a couple of times before hand to practice, I never took it that seriously but they were a lot of fun.

Just curious as I am to old and decrepit to run one these days without hurting myself.

Anyone?

I have participated in the primitive biathlons held here in New England which are very much like a Seneca run only with snowshoes (providing there is snow on the ground).

I have participated in the primitive biathlons held here in New England which are very much like a Seneca run only with snowshoes (providing there is snow on the ground).
That sounds like fun! For someone else anyway, I would have a heart attack in the first five minutes.

Would love to see video of it if you know of any.

It is a scheduled part of our annual Primitive weekend. the past few years no one has opted to participate. Mainly because it is scheduled on our last day of the event and most guys just want to get finished and packed up. Ours is shot at 5 paper targets set over about 180 yard course.

Do any clubs around you put on Seneca runs anymore?

For any of the newbies it is a woods walk that is timed, maybe a tomahawk throw and a fire start thrown in, if you miss a target keep shooting till you hit it, winner is of course the guy who completes it with the best time.

Our club used to do them when I was younger and I loved them, never won one as we had a two guys who would run through the course a couple of times before hand to practice, I never took it that seriously but they were a lot of fun.

Just curious as I am to old and decrepit to run one these days without hurting myself.

Anyone?
Does the trip to the hospital count against your time? I might could do a Seneca Walk.

Latest posts

Back