• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Set Trigger on T/C hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountry

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My screw on my T/C hawken if very loose. You can turn it by hand. Is that normal? Has anyone put a spring or something in there to keep it put a little better?

I bought a blue colored liquid lock tight at the automotive store. I do not remember the name and I keep it out in the woodworking shop, but that stuff sure works good...I put that on sights, and any screw that needs to be kept in place.

I think that blue stuff to keep screws from backing out is called Loc-it. I have had a tube for many years. It doesn't dry up. Buy one - it's all you'll ever need.

We call it Loc-tite in California. It comes in blue and red versions. The red sticks tighter than<<politically insensitive post portion deleted>>

There are several differant kinds of LOCTITE. Red is the best bond, but normally needs heat to loosen. Blue should come loose with a good screw driver. Green is designed to take up wear in bearing mounting - outer/ inner race or shaft wear. If you use Loctite on small screws there is a chance they will not come loose with out breaking or stripping. I like the nail polish idea. The better idea would be to send the defective parts back to T/C for repair or replacement under warranty.

You will need to remove the adjustment screw to clean it before using a thread locker. You don't want anything permanent, just a light thread lock.
Once you have your trigger adjusted where you like it, a tiny drop of loc-tite from the end of a tooth pick will hold things in place.

Or, remove the trigger assembly and send it back to T/C with a letter explaining what wrong.

Thanks, I am very fimiluar with all the locktite brands since I have had Harleys for a long time. You either learn to use it or things start falling off.

It would look like one could put a nice spring under it to keep it under tension.

My screw on my T/C hawken if very loose. You can turn it by hand. Is that normal? Has anyone put a spring or something in there to keep it put a little better?

Just curious, is it the old style trigger assembly or the newer one?

You could also take the screw out and pinch the threads slightly and it'll stay tight when you put it back.

Back