• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharon Barrel Co. Hawken style

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Goose

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Despite wanting to get a flintlock I could not resist this rifle and it came today. I understand that the original owner built it from a kit. It is a .54. Below is the blurb from the seller"

"This half-stock Hawken rifle was constructed from a kit by the now defunct Sharon Rifle Barrel Company. The rifle is stocked in curly maple with a poured pewter for end cap. The Sharon barrel, L&R percussion lock with L&R upgrades which include a new main spring, sear, tumbler and fly. The iron furniture is finished to a dark cold blue. The heart of the rifle is a .54 caliber straight octagon barrel. Measuring 32" in overall length the barrel is 1" across from flat to flat. Finished a dark textured brown the bore is bright and well maintained. Cut rifled by the Sharon Barrel Company, this barrel nice American made barrel has eight equal lands and grooves, with slow rifling twist, for patched round ball. Weighing in at 9.5 pounds the rifle has a trigger reach of 13-1/4" making it well suited for today's average shooter. It's in used condition because of it's age. I haven't shot it, I'm just selling it for a friend who can't shoot anymore."

Track of the Wolf had one almost identical to yours for sale recently and I almost bought it. However, since I already have a rifle from that era, decided against it. Sharon made some good stuff and it looks like you have a great rifle there.

Back