• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shipping question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman10

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Can I ship a black powder revolver directly to someone in Ohio? or does it need to go to an ffl dealer?

gman10 said:
Can I ship a black powder revolver directly to someone in Ohio? or does it need to go to an ffl dealer?

Direct to an individual, U.S.P.S.

If you ship it and want to insure it, tell them it is "a reproduction of an antique".

Although there isn't any reason you can't ship it, some people freak out if they hear it is a pistol and think the rules for modern guns apply.

thanks to all responses. by the way - what states are not legal to ship directly to the person.

at my little post office all they ask is if it's anything on their little list of banned items. then they ask do ya want insurance. never a word about what am I insurin'.

and if "don't ask, don't tell" is good enough for the military it's good enough for me.

I just sent back a BP revolver for exchange. The postal clerk asked what it was (for insurance purposes). I answered, "Defective merchandise."

gman10 said:
by the way - what states are not legal to ship directly to the person.
New Jersey and Canada, New York City(proper), I'm pretty sure D.C is on the list but that ain't a state either.

I've shipped blackpowder pistols as Machined Parts and then put a fake Manitowoc part number on the outside of the box. Don't want the part to get sidetracked to someone's collection.

Apparently some states like NJ also make it illegal to ship out of state to anyone that does not hold an FFL. Although, I can't figure out how the jersey authorities would know.

Back