• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shoot Shack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sekiar

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Believe it or not my new shoot shack was my wife's idea. Inside dimension are 10x12ft. The front has two windows that open in front of the left or right hand shooting bench. Also there is a front porch and a deck for out door shooting. It's set up for summer or winter shooting with a good size air conditioner/heater unit. The only real draw back is my range is only about 30 yards. However I do have a place near by to shoot at a greater distances.
airgunbmw415.jpg

The way your seat and bench is set up you have a
shorter range than that 30 yrds you mentioned.
Do you staple the targets on the house? :(

Actually my shop and large storage building are much closer, as my house if far to the left about 100ft. Every which way you go here is either up or down as our property sets on a hill. I have a much longer open space behind my back stop, however to extend my range I would need to raise it up about 30ft. If what I'm shooting doesn't do well at 30yards then there is no use shooting farther. Since I no longer hunt, long range shooting is not often required. I could have had the building set about 1000ft from the house but I"m lazy and don't want to walk that far to shoot.

I'm jealous. If I ever get enough property to set up my own range, I'd love to do something similar.

Very nice indeed, 30 yards or no.

You'd have more range if you moved that cabin out of the way! :rotf:

Very nice. I chopped out a 100 yard range near the house (finally) but I sit on the ground or a 5 gallon plastic pail.

I can get 85 yards off the back porch, and I have a rocking chair there. :wink:

Add a refrigerator, heater, bar-b-q and we'll all be right over. :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like your wife got you right out of her hair(lol). Seriously though it is very nice.

Don't complain about having only thirty yards for a range at your home. Think about all of the people who have to travel for an hour or two to get to the nearest range they can use.

Wooo what a shack?? :confused: , thats just the idea I had for my range shack- minus the porch. Mine is/will be on a old foundation for a pig house behind our barn and chicken coops. What an inspiration to follow.

bigbore442001 said:
Don't complain about having only thirty yards

Amen.

Other than shooting a couple of annual pre-season deer hunting verification groups at 50 or 75 yards, I do the majority of my weekend practice and fun plinking closer at 25 yards.

I bought a large roll of 1" colored stick-on dots from an office supply place, and believe me, trying to consistently hit 1" dots at 25 yards just sitting in a small chair is challenging...at least it is for me.
Makes me really concentrate on sights, breath control, trigger squeeze, etc.

Latest posts

Back