• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting again after 27 yr absence

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFCE

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello. I have a T/C Hawken in .45caliber. I built it from a kit sometime in the mid 70's. I haven't shot it sinceI got married 27 hrs ago; to many other obligations kept getting in the way. Well now I'm ready to start shooting it again. So many things have change in the past 27 yrs I almost feel like I'm starting new again. I have lots of questions and look forward to interacting with everyone here.

Welcome back things haven't changed that much...other than our eyesight,weight,lack of hair and age. :rotf: :bull:

I'm kinda in the same boat, the boys and I went shooting when they were growing up, but they graduated college and moved out of state, 10-12 years ago.
I had the Hawkin out a couple weeks ago and took the Remington Army 1858 out today.
It's funny how the sights got fuzzy from not being used.
It's good to smell the smoke again.

Hello CFCE:
Your story is similar to mine; I had muzzle loaders 30 years ago and life got in the way and they were sold. If I could remember who to I'd try to get them back!
I seem to enjoy this hobby way more than I did back then,even though,as someone else said, "the sights are getting fuzzier".
Lots of good people and good info here.
Mr.T

Back