• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Shooting sticks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy. Looking for some shooting sticks, or some recommend ones. would like at least a “bi-pod” setup or tripod. Im getting tired of shooting off my table. What do you all use?

I have a long and short set of their cross sticks. I also decided to purchase the wooden adjustment knobs as well. I've had them for several year and couldn't be happier. They turned out to be a lot more sturdy than any of my homemade cross sticks and well worth the money.

http://catshootingsticks.com/shop/

I use thin bamboo, 3/8” or so. Cut a bunch and throw it in the attic to dry. You can usually find some standing dead for immediate use.

Tie together at one end. I use pieces 30” long. Perfect for sitting, easy to carry.

My cross sticks lo these many years have been two dowel rods, stained dark, dull points to hold on the ground, and lashed together with a hinge of rawhide. Works great for those long shots at groundhogs and at any place I shoot where there is no bench. I used to use a bandanna from my hip pocket as a cushion, but no more. My flintlock stocks have as yet to be scratched or dented from simply nestling the forearm upon the rawhide. A deluxe set might have a wrap of leather at the junction. BTW, a store-bought bandanna can serve many functions for a wandering hunter. From washing something in a creek to mishaps in modern life, carry one.

Latest posts

Back