• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shot my 1st flint deer today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texcl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot it with my .62 officers fusil charged with 90grs. of kik 3f and a patched rb I cast. hit it square in the left shoulder breaking the shoulder blade punching through both lungs and taking the top of the heart off and breaking a rib before it exited. I saw him come in from 100 yards and let him walk up to around 25 yards(front sight only) before I fired. Man what a great experience!

Grats! :hatsoff:
Sounds like that .62 really put the smack down on him. :shocked2: Nuff left for a pic?

I'll see if I can get a pic up tommorrow, the deer isn't that big by North Dakota standards, but I was pretty impressed by the internal damage and the fact it exited, I was going to take pics of the damage but was afraid my wife would think I'm a wierdo. Next season I'll be using my new virginia rifle to hunt bear, should be fun.

We don't care about big. A successful hunt with a muzzle loader is enough reason to celebrate.

PJC

Nice job! Takes nerve to let them get that close before shooting. :hatsoff:
Idaho PRB

Great work. It's the waiting that gets you.

My first flint deer was a doe in '93 with a .66 Light Infantry Fusil at about the same distance as yours. That big round ball puts a world of hurt where it goes.

I used to consider it an "iron bow" and hunt accordingly.

Back