• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot my kibler smr for the first time yesterday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it took me a few weeks to put together my .36cal smr just due to being busy around the house and I wasn't doing it in a very streamline manner. I wasn't happy with the brass darkener for the finish so I ended up browning it and I'm happy with the results. I still need to do the lock But I'll get there. Load data was 30g 3f swiss. .350 round ball and pre cut .018 pillow ticking patches lubed with tracks mink oil. First shot was 1/4inch high at 30 yards! Second shot with no swab between shots 2 inches left could have been me I was just resting on my deck post... swabbed before 3rd shot and it was touching the first shots hole. I'm very impressed and I think ill take it squirrel hunting tonight they are cutting hickory nuts pretty heavily around here.

Attachments

• 16295659231119131724237379810587.jpg
    16295659231119131724237379810587.jpg
    154.3 KB
Eterry,you forgot the hot cat head biscuits and butter,or rolled in cornmeal and fried then make cornmeal gravy with the drippins left in the skillet with said biscuits.

Ain’t nothing like my mothers squirrel stew. I wish I had leaned to make it.

My grandpa always made squirrel hasenpfeffer I was young and I hated it but I ate it once a year with him always with a peice of "pusher bread". I'm 29 now and it's been 12 years since I have had it. I guess it's time to make a batch.

The Kibler SMR is one great looking rifle that handles and balances quite well.

Yes, it IS Your rifle. Do it the way YOU want to.
Originally, I was going to do walnut and stain it really dark to imitate age. However, the look of the curl in the maple was too much to bear and I got regular maple. it practically glimmers in the sun and I could not be happier.

Do what you want!

That's the Doc's prescription and he is out now. :cool:

My 8 year old and I took a walk yesterday he was toting his single shot .22 and I took the smr but it didn't last long. We had to make a quick retreat due to getting covered in seed ticks... I might try again this afternoon if the rain and wind let's up.

Back