• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

should have shot faster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtothis

40 Cal.
Reaction score
me and my hunting buddy rode the 4wheeler back to my uncle's land behind my house today to shoot some smoke poles and a very nice ruger 357. on the way back we saw two woodcocks. well i call them woodcocks, i dont know what they are actually called, but they are bigger than a dove, plump, invisble on the ground, and fast with a long beak. over the last two years i have missed 3 of them with a twelve guage. anyway we went on and parked the bike and i threw a load in the .410 flint smoothbore pistol i just got monday, and we walked back to find it. we threw sticks and kicked brush and couldnt jump it. just as we gave up i saw it sitting on the ground 6 feet from me. i brought up the pistol and just as i tightned up on the trigger the sucker flew. i shot at him in the air but missed. if i would have pulled the trigger a half a second faster, i would have bagged a tasty bird with my first flintlock weapon on the third shot i had put through it. stupid slow trigger finger.

Back