• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Silver Eagle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc623

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Trying to find some infomation on the this side lock.
It has on the silver finished textured barrel:
Stone Mountain, Inc.
Made in Spain
Black Powder Only
Silver Eagle
.50 cal.
It has a synthetic stock with a rubber recoil pad.
Tried a search without results.
Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Eagle Rifle/Hunter
.50 Cal perc.
26 in octagon barrel
matte Weatherguard nickel finish
synthetic stock
Connecticut Valley Arms
Norcross ,GA

Hunter model worth a little more because of the adjustable sights and sling swivels.

Hope this heads you in the right direction

Yes it does and thanks.
Now the questions is if I want to change to a wood stock I would also like to refinish the barrel to blue or brown.
How might I do that and should I do that?
Don't know if I would like the silver finish in a nice or decent wood stock.

if it is nickel you would have to remove it or paint over it. Eather would not look very nice IMHO. And removing nickel , if it can be done at home would have to be very diffecult and costly.

Best leave it as is or trade it for the kind you would like better.

P

its basiaclly the cva bobcat/mountain stalker with nickel plating. I saw one on gunbroker brand new in box for aroun $180. Really nice gun though it has a syn. stock. I have the mountain stalker right now.

Deer Creek has the wood bobcat stock for $75 + s/h. I think a nice dark stain on the stock would go along great with the nickel.

Back