• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

silver solder underhammer pin lug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am building an underhammer and I am attempting to weld the "pin lug" that holds the pin the hammer rides on. I have officially given up stick welding it :cursing: I am wondering if 20,000PSI silver solder would hold it. this 20,000PSI silver solder melts @ 1070 degrees, will mapp gas be hot enough?

Thanks

I have used mapp gas to silver solder. If the pieces to be soldered are not to thick you will be ok. I have found having a new full can of mapp gas helps as it seames to heat red hot faster. And red hot is what you need.

Back