• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Simply enjoying it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pa flintlock season is still on. Saw 4 does and a nice buck today. No clean shots. Weather is in the 30s and car side camping in the forest. Great weather, great times, good woods, and I took Friday off from work.

This is why we do this stuff....

Camping sounds great right now in 30 degree weather. 11 degrees this mourning, snow and wind. It did let up early afternoon. Got a hunt in for about an hour for huns. Then the wind came back up, my pup blew thru a small covey. No shots. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Jerry

Sounds like you are zeroing in on the deer...
Shoot straight!
Enjoy...next seasons a long way off.

You're a better man than me, I can hunt when it is the 30's but sleeping out in it these old bones won't take, good luck with your late season.

Our drives Put out 18 deer and one huge buck. Couldn't get any shots. They are really spooky and will run across the middle of fields and through the yards to vacate an area.Didnt have a wet gun which was nice though it didnt matter.

"Weather is in the 30s and car side camping in the forest."

I used to do that for the opener of duck season at a popular hunting lake. I had a fold-up cot and a sleeping bag plus a 'Mr. Heater' in the bed under the topper. It would take less than a minute (it seemed) to get dressed in the morning in the 35 degree temps.

I'm too old and jaded for that anymore. Keep it up as long as it's fun. There will come a day when you'll just tell stories about what you used to do. :grin:

Back