• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small game guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillyhans

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for either a .36 percussion rifle, or a 12ga. percussion shotgun (prefer one bbl.).

Makers?
Models?
Where do I need to pay special attn.?

Much of what you ask for depends on what your price range is. T/C made both guns you are asking about. So does Pedersolli as well as many custom builders. Try to narrow down your request for better or more answers.Condition is just that, I leave nothing for chance. Look at the stock for cracks, the fit of the lock to the wood and barrel, the condition of the barrel and it's bore, etc. Of course when ever you buy a gun, you need and to me it is a must have. That is a range rod. Way too many people go and buy any gun and only have the rod with the gun to shoot and clean it with. The very day they buy it and run home with it to shoot it, they break the rod. Now they have a ball half way down the barrel or at least a dirty bore they have no way to clean it with. It is obviously great to have the range rod with you when you buy the gun, just to check the bore. In time, if you really are into muzzleloading, you will have a rod and jags for every length of barrel and cal./gauge out there.

The question is vague, but only for a reason. I want to know mostly about small cal. rifles, and was curious about the 12ga. b/c I have everything needed to fire one.

Back