• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoked Goose!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehepp

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all! I had to share my first Smoked Canadian Goose with you. Yesterday was the opener of duck season here in Wisconsin. I spent the day on the west shore of Green Bay with a good friend and his Lab, Riley. Although my poor shooting prevented me from taking a duck I did manage to bring home a nice Goose. :grin:
P9290002.jpg

I was using my s x s Pedersoli 12 ga. Loaded with 90gr of FF black powder a felt wad, plastic shot cup and 1 1/8 oz steel #3s. The load patterns nice and tight out at 30 yards and it just crushed the goose at that range.

Your friends give you manure about hunting ducks with your smoke pole? I know mine do. :yakyak:

I don't care though as I love my pedersoli.

Hello from Germany!

Congrats and "Waidmanns Heil" to this nice goose. I'll get my Pedersoli double barrel soon, too and will hunt at ducks here in Germany.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congrats on the goose! I've got a Pedersoli sxs in 10ga, geese were the first thing I killed with that as well.

I learned two lessons with it for ducks though. First, make sure the muzzle is well out past the blind, setting blind brush on fire ain't fun. :surrender: Second, have somebody with a modern shotgun along when hunting divers - a quick followup is much easier than chasing a diving cripplie all morning with a muzzleloader. :grin:

congrats on the goose and a tip of the hat fopr Riley :hatsoff: I had a black lab for many years, a fine animal. nearly killed me to put him down in 2003, still bothers me.

Well done Sir, I,m trying the for the same with the same gun :hatsoff:
Colt100, my peers give me mockery yes :shake:
They shut up when I connect though :blah:

Back