• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smooth bore hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobson

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am currently building a 58 cal hawken, from a pecatonica parts set. It did occur to me that i could buy an extra barrel and have an interchangeable smooth bore barrel. I know its probarbly not PC but what the heck. Then i looked on the net for a green mountain 20g 1inch x32inch barrel. They dont list one. Any one know where an off the shelf barrel could be obtained. With some choke prefferably.
Regards
Dobson

To get a short barrel with a choke your going to have to look at ordering a custom barrel from Rice, Getz, etc. If you find a Green Mt. you'll have to get it cut as standard lenght for them is 36" or 42" and have it choked. Good luck, sorry I couldn't offer more help.

Mark DeHaas will turn you about a barrel in a very reasonable timeframe and for a reasonable price, but won't jug choke it. For that you'll have to go to someone else. Search the archives here for Mark's contact info and people who will jug choke your barrel.

Sean

Back