• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbores? Flints? Black Powder? Huh?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riarcher

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Geez, thought everyone went the way of inlines and Trip 7. :no:
Came across thise site by accident and think I'll grab a stool and set a spell.
As the name implies I'm an archer from Rhode Island that's old enough not to enjoy pulling the longbow with my arthritis anymore. Played with the powder for about 25 yrs. now. Mostly longrifles and old demascus side-bys.
Found this in my search for info on Trade Muskets. Have many questions about them and after I search through the site (don't want to drive folks crazy asking the same old if it's already there) I may be plagueing you with "?" ::
Gary

Welcome, you won't drive me crazy...

It's more like a putt, I'm close to being there... :haha: ::

Glad to have you here...

RIarcher,.... Don't worry 'bout drive'n us "crazy",..... we're already "ther"!! :haha: ::
(These fine folks, even allow me'n my blind dog, to share ther fire!!)

"WELCOME"!!!!.... to this site'a crazy folks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks to the both of you.
Nice to see a source for the old smokepoles. Seems everything is pretty much smokeless and inlines.
Just don't understand how someone can't appreciate the smells of burning sulfer. ::

riarcher: Don't worry yerself bout askin em questions. As old as some of us is, it sometimes takes hearin the question 2 or 3 times before em nurons get woke up so's we can give ye a good answer.
Hay rollinB, would ye get yer dogs tail outta the fire again?? Ah sware ever sense his dog broke his tail he don't feel nothin!
That goes for his dog and its tail too. ::

Welcome to the fireside.

'Zonie,.... Me'n Ol'Eagle Eye, have been,.... "knocked down", "run into", "run over", "stomped on", "dropped on", "fell into", "fell off-of",..... so many different "situations" (since we both went "blind"), thet neither one of us actualy "feel" much anymore!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well, RIArcher....welcome....seems like tha boys have already given you the nickle tour. A lot of us seem to be the "leg broke, gut shot and dragging suckin pups uphill" age group. There are some young bloods out there too, and of course we all have our opinions on how thing orta be done. I believe you'll find we are an easy going crowd to be around. ....again Welcome.
TwoShadows

My friend says that sanity is alot like virginity, once you loose it you wonder what you needed it for in the first place.

riarcher: Glad You found Your way over here from CVA.I've been here but a short time!Great site for us old folks,Lots of good old Traditional information,and theres even a spot for the in-line folks.WELCOME! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ::

Welcome,

I still tickle the 'ol recurve bowstring on occasion. Taper my own cedar arrows, crown dip, lathe crest & feather fletch.

Sure is easier to cast a lead ball.

"Stumpkiller" is a nickname I got from my preferance to bowhunting stumps above all other game, though I still pester the whitetails, squirrels and rabbits seasonally.

Ask away. If we don't know, we can make a convincing argument collectively for how it ought to be.

riarcher: Wecome to the camp, you'll fine all kinds of topics here. I'm interested in perc and flint rifles. Don't care for in-lines much, but those who are in to that, it's okay. I'm located on the other side of the mountains. (Oregon) So enjoy your stay, Take care, Mtn-Man2u :)

Thanks guys, just droped by this post and saw the welcoming.
By now you're probably wondering if you really need this guy after all the Heritage Arms threads. ::
In the short time I've been here I've kind of grown attatched (like a flee on a dog :D). Lots of great info from good folks, not to mention some side "entertainment" ta boot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back