• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snow day Golden Eye

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbutch

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Took this male Golden eye at 35 yards just on the outside edge of the decoys
D.Pedersoli 10 ga.
90 gr FFF Goex..
95 gr equiv. volume Hevi-shot.
Had 1/4 inch fat.. The migraters are down.

Lots of ducks passing through.
Broke ice 3 of the last 4 mornings.
Black powder and ducks are just fun.
Still perfecting the flint fowler kit from Dunlap's will have it in the blind for next season.

Image removed by request

Good on ya...and it proves the point that the satisfaction comes for the "how", not the "how many"...congratulations !

:hatsoff:

Man, that's a picture for sure! The long shot sezz great things about the Hevishot and a 10 bore. What kind of wad were you using with it?

BB..Ballistic products..Multi-metal..unslit version 12 ga. 3-1/2"

shortened and slit them.. trimmed off the flared skirt.
1 op card
1 wool lubed wad
multi metal cup
1 os card

I use open or cylinder bore choke..easy to load..slip fit.
The plastic shot cup and the Hevi-shot do the rest.
35 yards is my limit.

Thanks guy's.. I shot 2 feet behind him on the first shot.. I corrected and got lucky..Yes he was moving along after that first shot..looked like a white and black streak just over the top of the dekes. Goldeneyes have after burners..

Thanks Guy's
Just might take another vac day to sneak out for one more duck hunt before this weekend opener of the general firearms season..
Good luck to you all this deer season.

Sky..
The 1 by 33" rice 62 cal 1-70 flint barrel will be on one of my Renegades.
Doing a retro hunt this year and hunting with my feet on the ground..
The 62 cal will be the lightest to tote for 12 hours..and it needs to draw its first blood..Just have too many barrel combo's to choose from :v
Took it out for some confidence shooting this Saturday and dead centering at 50 yards.
Having a hard time spending much time in the tree stand ...suffering from antes in the pants... :grin:
Have 3 New Englanders and they will all be crying as I walk out the door.

Skychief said:
:thumbsup:

Good luck and give us a report, okay?

Adult doe..35 yards through the boiler room..lights out..think that ball took out a dozen prickly ash trees in passing.
62 cal flint renegade 33 X1 " Rice 1-70 wrapped in my hunting slicker.
Only deer I saw ..I'm soaked ..rained for 3 hrs before this pic...The cart is a god send where I hunt!

Just after this picture was taken I unloaded the rifle into the dirt bank at the boot crossing ..Yep first Psst---------Boom I ever had..
My brother and I had a good laugh over that one :shocked2:

Good luck to all looking to fill your tags....Dan

Image removed by request

Cant believe I miss this post.
Congrats Dan!
Love those game carts, P.C. or not I dont leave home without mine! :hatsoff:

Love those game carts, P.C. or not I dont leave home without mine!

Lonehunter..Not as good as a horse but easier to feed and water! :rotf:

You'd be surprised the amount of load they will take and keep rolling.
Have a couple of brothers that bring the kitchen sink out in the woods with them. :youcrazy:

Back