• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snowfall in southern Bavaria - hunting chances are rising!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Gemany!

Since yesterday my weatherwishes became true. IT IS SNOWING!!!
Until today we have about 7'' of snow here in southern Bavaria, everything is prety white. The roes now coming really often to the baitings and so I hope to get one soon, because of the snow it is possible to see relatively good in the late evening, even in the forest. Tomorrow I'll make my first snowhunt. Hope to get such a roe.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I wish you the best of luck. To me, there is nothing finer in life than to hunt with snow. Something about snow makes the hunt special.

rja72 said:
I have to ask what is a roe?

So J.R. gave the right link. It describes the roes in a very correct way. In Germany it is the most hunted deer, per year more than one million harvested by hunters. They nearly live everywhere, even up to 2000 meter high mountains. they are small, but clever.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Oh yeah !

Additionally sometimes they are invisible. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kirrmeister said:
Tomorrow I'll make my first snowhunt.
Hope you have some good snowshoes.Just read that you have a lot of snow at the moment.
Waidmanns Heil.
:hatsoff:

Hello from Oklahoma, U.S.A.

How goes the Roe hunt?

I spent Nov. thru Feb. knocking around in Bavaria & Austria in the early 80's trying to decide what I'm going to do when I grow up :rotf:

Sking the Zuspitze going to the Black Forest

How do you say, 'Mit best Gruson'?

And Good Luck too,

Rusty

R.D.Pascoe said:
Hello from Oklahoma, U.S.A.

How goes the Roe hunt?

I spent Nov. thru Feb. knocking around in Bavaria & Austria in the early 80's trying to decide what I'm going to do when I grow up :rotf:

Sking the Zuspitze going to the Black Forest

How do you say, 'Mit best Gruson'?

And Good Luck too,

Rusty

Hi Rusty,

so you was in the most beautiful area of Bavaria. I hope you enjoyed it there. Did you go on top of the Zugspitze? Which areas in the Black Forest did you visit?

Because of roehunt: Meanwhile we have about 40 cm of snow here dowmhill in southern Bavaria. On the mountains it'll be about double.
So the hunt is very difficult!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmiester:

One of the fun things about the muzzleloading season in Massachusetts is that it runs for the last part of December. If there is ever a time for snow, that is it. If there is enough snow, snowshoes add something special to a hunt.

I remember walking through the snowcovered tops of mountain laurel during one late December hunt. I know it sounds odd but it happened and it was a lot of fun. No deer but I did learn the lay of the land I hunted on much better.

Last year we had a good sheet of ice put down then covered in snow. Lasted all of rifle season and really made for some good hunting.

Back