• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So we head out on Christmas Eve

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
We went out on a ML coyote-calling hunt. About 2:00 pm the frost was gone from the ground and I was getting worried about getting stuck. Well we back to the truck and got stuck. I called two friends to come help. The first one there buried his truck. The next one came and loaded us up and took us home. This morning Christmas morning we head out to get the trucks. It froze last night but not hard. We got there and chained up the rescue truck. We pulled out the friend’s truck first and he got out of there. We got to mine and we dug out from under it and put jacks under it. We got it up off the rock it was on and got boards under the tires. It was starting to get soft at 9:00 am I thought we were in trouble. My friend with the rescue truck pulled me out and I chained up all four wheels. Getting back out was the worst drive I have made in some time. The snowmelt had created four Stream crossings and the deepest one was over three feet deep. I lost one of my tire chains clawing my way through a deep-water crossing. We made it back to paved roads by about 10:30 am and headed home. The mud and muck was stuck to my wheels so bad my truck felt like it was going to wobble out of control. The amazing thing was my wife and kids all were good about it. Note to my self. Don’t do ANYTHING on Christmas eve. Ron

Good to have friends, and a way to get hold of them!

So . . . did you get any coyotes?

Go back out to the last brook with a brush, and wash your truck! (just kidding! :grin: )

OUCH that had to hurt! :cursing: Better luck on your next yote hunt. :thumbsup:
Dusty :wink:

The thing that overtook us was the speed of the thaw. The swollen creeks were amazing and the mud was like peanut butter. Once you got a shovel full it would not come off. I wish the pictures my son took had turned out. He took them on the cell phone and he either didn’t save them or I can’t find the. My tires are 235-85-16’s and they are tall. The water was about 4” over the top of the tires on the way out. On the way in the creeks were under a foot deep.
I had one coyote come out to the call but I was not able to get on him before he pulled back into the sage.
Ron

Back