• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some price advice please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birddog6

Cannon
Reaction score
I have 2 BP pistols I have saved for years decided to sell them & I don't know what to ask for them.

One is a Colt Signature Series Walker, NIB and the Colt box is still in the cardboard sleeve. Ser# 57xx

The other is a Colt Signature Series 1860 Army and it is NIB & box in the cardboard sleeve, and it came with the engraved cylinder & fluted cyl. All of them I have seen in my search only have 1 cyl. but this one has a extra one & the box is formed for the extra one. it is Ser# 214xxx

Can you guys give me an idea of what they are worth as I have a guy wanting to buy them & I don't want to give them away but yet I don't want to rip him either. What is a fair price. :hmm:

Thanks

Birddog6

I have no clue myself but I would check the auction sites and see if you can find what they are selling for there. I you know someone who has one there is a blue book for guns that can help as well.

My question for you is why have you not shot these pistols? They sound like good shooters.

Dennis Adlers book,'Colt Blackpowder Reproductions & Replicas' gives a price guide.These are signature series.

Walker
100% $380.00
98% $350.00
95% $320.00

100% $360.00
98% $325.00
95% $290.00

I can not find that double cylinder 1860 listed, This 1860 listing is based on the fluted cylinder model. This book was published in 1998. :front:

Dennis Adlers book,'Colt Blackpowder Reproductions & Replicas' gives a price guide.These are signature series.

Walker
100% $380.00
98% $350.00
95% $320.00

100% $360.00
98% $325.00
95% $290.00

I can not find that double cylinder 1860 listed, This 1860 listing is based on the fluted cylinder model. This book was published in 1998. :front:

From a collectors standpoint, books aint worth much! All pricing needs to be with current market values.

Every book I have with prices might as well go in the garbage. They might be good for weapon reference, but pricing is a whole nother deal.

Folks always need to see what items are currently selling for based on current demand.

I buy, sell, collect everything form toys, guns, antiques, cars etc...

For example I sold a 1952 M1D sniper rifle never issued, and still in original wrap. The book I have says worth 1250! Well I sold it 4 years ago for 1650. Four years later it would easily bring 4,500!

Be carefull and do your homework!

Just me two!

I have a old price book with the old prices.
I looked at several auction sites & appears they are almost double of the old prices. However I didn't want to charge the guy a new price as he just as well order a new one himself.

I was thinking $ 650 for the Walker & $550 for the Army with the double Cylinders. That is about $100. each off the going price of them new. Does that sound reasonable ?

Why haven't I shot them ? Just never did. I have made up all kinds of excuses for it & none of them legitimate :rolleyes: Seems like all I get done is work & build rifles, don't take the time to shoot much any more, just work & build rifles......

Thanks

Birddog6

On the GunsAmerica site, NIB they go for $600 to $700. A year or two ago they were around $450 to $550.

Colt BP's are collectable and will appreciate in value so don't shoot them, play with them, or even cock the hammers. Don't lose or damage the boxes or anything that came in them. Do not leave any fingerprints on them. Every mark you put on them means $$ off of their value.

If selling to a dealer you will get two to three hundred less than retail. However you can sell them and ship them yourself without paying a bonus to a licensed dealer.

Back