• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Son in-laws first

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave K

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Matt left active duty from the Marines' this past June. He wanted to take up hunting, so I just happened to have an extra gun, a 50cal. CVA Mountain perc. gun he could have. He spent many times with me at the bench and just plain plinking, so we went hunting the past 2 days. My goal was to "get him in the game". I did a one man kind of drive by drifting through the up wind side of the woods with the hope a deer would head toward Matt, who was downwind on the otherside of the woods. It worked to perfection. He had an offhand measured 50yd. shot and placed it perfectly. Both lungs were gone, but the little fellar still made another 75yds. It was funny to see the deer drift his direction, then for me to anticipate the shot. Next thing I could see was a deer making tracks and Matt packing powder while on the run. He almost caught the deer before she collapsed. LOL First deer and with a muzzleloader.
100_0713.jpg

well give him an Attaboy :thumbsup: an a CONGRATS! :hatsoff: an a big Thank you from me!

an Congrats to you too! :hatsoff:

Matt Good shooting! congrats...Thanks for serving...Dave you gotta love sharing a first-especially when a plan comes together. Glad you had a camera... Good on Ya!

I hope some day that my daughter in laws will want to hunt too.

Great job Matt!!! :thumbsup: Thanks for what you have done for us and welcome home! :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Back