• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sons first yote with flint

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfwing82

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My son went out early this morning to call in fox .He said after about 20 min. he saw some movement waiting to see a fox out came the coyote .One shot from his traditions deer hunter 50 cal dropped the 43 pound coyote. When the 15 year old came home all excited to tell me about it I had reminded him that we had just put fiber optic sights on that gun and never sighted it in. He laughed and said he must have done a good job cause they were right on. We will make sure at the range. But I think he was more proud of this than his first buck

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil to your son! Do you have pics from Yote, son and rifle? :thumbsup:

Have a Deerhunter, too. A good and dependable rifle!

Regards

Kirrmeister

:hatsoff: well give the boy an ATTABOY! and a Well Done too! :thumbsup:
that is soooo cool! :wink:

That's outstanding...a 15 year old and a Flintlock...not many combinations like that around
:hatsoff:

I bought the gun for him 2 years ago at first he did not like it.In deer season after his first 2 deer I told him he must use flint . After a friend of mine bought a flint and seems not too confident with it the kid wanted to show him up as they are always competing . seems I do not have to push the flint anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - any 15 year old who is up to the challenge of toting a flinter for predator calling is mature well beyond his years as a sportsman! :hatsoff: Congratulations to him! :thumbsup:

i got 23 coyotes so far here in pa. and never one with a muzzleloder.

congrats ,thats something i would be proud of.

I showed my son the post and I think he got embarrassed . He asked why I wrote about him he would not do that to me. I told him I was proud of him . His reply was "well get it mounted for me if you are that proud." I guess he is not into forums like I am

mfwing82 said:
I showed my son the post and I think he got embarrassed . He asked why I wrote about him he would not do that to me. I told him I was proud of him . His reply was "well get it mounted for me if you are that proud." I guess he is not into forums like I am

It sounds like you're going to be spending some money at the taxidermy shop! :haha:

Tell your son congrats. :hatsoff:

Back