• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern states turkey openers???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March 15th. though my turkey hunting will be kinda limited this yr due to an elderly mother. I will get to go but not stay all day an get those mid day loudmouths that I have always done well with. But thats ok as now its time to pay mom back for all those times of being mom :bow:

Texas turkey season will be march 18 th . I can't wait to get down there . My friend that I hunt on said that the birds were strutting and gobbling. Tom

wattlebuster said:
March 15th. though my turkey hunting will be kinda limited this yr due to an elderly mother. I will get to go but not stay all day an get those mid day loudmouths that I have always done well with. But thats ok as now its time to pay mom back for all those times of being mom :bow:
:thumbsup:

When pop was ailing (dying) I took my turn staying with him during elk season. 1/2 hr early AM and 1/2 hr late evening for two days driving the :redface: highway. Sunday AM I got a nice lil calf who fit perfectly in the trunk of a corolla. Shot her and had to drag and duck while watching for tourists who might have been be offended. YES I AM A REDNECK. Best meat hunt ever!

Here in Kentucky its April 16 thru May 8.
Having a warm spell right now,and I
heard a gobble this morning!Like waitin
for Christmas :grin:

Last week in April here in AZ. But youths can, for a $5.00 license and a $10.00 tag (over counter), hunt the week before. I quite applyin and just take a kid. Much more rewarding than gettin yer own.

:redface: I do still apply when I have the $$ but last year was the first tag I had in years and we blew it (did call in a double to 3 feet but had the wrong gun (12 ga gun 20ga components) n kid couldnt shoot at em behind the tree I was leanin on) :redface: :rotf: :idunno: :surrender:

Back