• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turkeys, maybe a fox if one wanders by, and likely lots and lots of mosquitoes!

I usually fool around with the coyotes until the end of March.(called in 2 so far, no shot), then it's turkey in May.

I really like a nice batch of them myself. But, they can really test you when they hang back and refuse to come to the call! :grin:

Dave K said:
I really like a nice batch of them myself. But, they can really test you when they hang back and refuse to come to the call! :grin:

You ain't got one of these custom made mushroom calls from my brother-in-law. :haha:
HPIM0460.jpg

This is one of the very first ones he made. He makes 'em better now! I actually wear this call when I'm out on public land.
Some people I meet out shroomin' almost want to believe it. Almost all of 'em want to buy it. :haha:

WindWalker said:
Mr. bigbore442001,
Grizz and Black Bear.
Best Wishes
What are their coats like in the spring?I thought I read somewhere they lost alot of hair when they emerged from hibernation.

Seals,
But I'm undecided if I'll use a muzzleloader all the time.Probably Club my fair share too.

Mr. Halftail,
Upon emerging from "hibernation" coats and claws are in the best possible condition. As the weather warms, the coat will show the wear and tear of "rubbing" and the claws will wear down from digging, etc.
At least, this has been our experience/observations.
Best Wishes

Here in my neck of the woods in Alaska the coats are fine till a couple weeks after memorial weekend. Grizz rub a little sooner usually, but then again they are out sooner than blackies.

Back