• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

spring turkey season?/winter I mean

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
well I should say only three more months of winter.
Fri morn dawned bright and calm and I was able to tree call three different toms.
I went back that evening to put them to roost for the opening day and a storm blew in and shut them them down.
It snowed and blew all night and the opening morning we had high winds and fresh snow.
I knew that these birds drop into the canyons during storms so I spent eight hours 12 miles and three thousand vertical trying to coax spooky gobblers in on a windy day.
Saw some pretty country and got quite a few volunteers but no takers.
Got back to camp at three pm ate some breakfast and went back out for the evening.
The wind died down right before unbeknown to me the blizzard hit.
I dropped into a draw that I had heard a extra randy turkey in the morning before and clucked softly and BAMN right off the ridge I was on a big ol tom hammered back.
I set up and had dueling banjos with this hog for a bit when I got to wondering why he wasn't poking his head up over the berm I was on..
I sneaked to the edge and right below me was a good size oak brush and my tom hung up on the other side just out of smoothbore range.
So I got off my ass and flanked him, I had to scatter his hens to get within range but at 15 yrds my 62 slammed him.
I got my bird and the next morning I got to drive to yotie Joes in a good ol spring dump

DSCF3978.jpg

DSCF3992.jpg

DSCF4001.jpg

Sure does speak for your perservereance! :thumbsup:

Looking at that pic of the road and position of the yellow line it looks like yur drivin on the wrong side of the road. :haha:

marmotslayer said:
Sure does speak for your perservereance! :thumbsup:

Looking at that pic of the road and position of the yellow line it looks like yur drivin on the wrong side of the road. :haha:
:haha: :haha:
I was pulling out on to RT69 from a side dirt road when I stoped to take that pic.

laufer said:
marmotslayer said:
I was pulling out on to RT69 from a side dirt road when I stoped to take that pic.

Thjere you go, givin away your honeyhole! :haha:

:haha: :haha: :thumbsup:

yup head on down there and turn right where I took that pic and go up a dirt road until it ends get out hike for three hours...
:haha:

Greenmtnboy said:
laufer said:
marmotslayer said:

Thjere you go, givin away your honeyhole! :haha:

:haha: :haha: :thumbsup:

yup head on down there and turn right where I took that pic and go up a dirt road until it ends get out hike for three hours...
:haha:

for this malicious and extremists invitation you can be accused for attempted murder in the second degree, do not tread on me!! :haha: :haha:
:hatsoff:

Back