• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

States that have BP only seasons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojohand

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a link that tells which states have a black powder/muzzleloader only season? Rather than going to every states F&G website.

Although it's not a State, FYI Saskatchewan does. Differs from one Wmz to another and is shared with crossbows and sometimes archery. There is one for mule deer, WTD and moose. But not in all zones. The zone I hunt has rifle, archery and ML all together. No wonder you need a programme to know who is playing.

Tennessee has a designated muzzleloader only season. This year, it began on Nov. 3rd and ran for three weeks I believe.

Michigan has a muzzleloader only deer season in December. The exact start and stop dates depend on which part of the state you want to hunt. The upper peninsula is Dec 7-16, the northern part of the lower peninsula is Dec 14-23, and the south part of the lower runs Dec 7-23.

Alabama has a muzzleloader only season it runs the Mon. thru Fri. before regular season which was the 17th of Nov. this year. I wish it was sidelock only but it ain't. :(

Pa has a 3 week season starting the day after x-mas. Fl. had two seasons. One short one 3 days on WMA and another around the middle of Dec. i think.
Va. has a season.

Florida does. There is at least one management area that is Muzzleloader/archery only.

West Virginia has one. The week before Christmas. Of course the DNR had to suck up to the modern ML crowd and include them with their scopes and all that junk the last several years.

Question: How would folks around here feel about a season shared with the trad archery community? bp, lb and rb?

Back