• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stroh Virginia Rifle Speaks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Java Man

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally got a shot with the rifle Roy built for me, that I recived almost two years ago. I nice little Michigan 6pt. Getz .54cal bbl. .535prb, 80gr Goex 2f. 70 yard shot high shoulder. He dropped in his tracks, raised his head once, and was done. I took my eight yr old Daughter, Emma with me for the 1st time. I don't think it will be the last time!

EmmawithDeer.jpg

2008SixPoint.jpg

:grin: Congrats! Good Lucky Charm you got there... :thumbsup:

We were hunting out of a nice warm blind. For some reason, Emma retreated back to the blind when it was time to pull out the knife and start cutting. :youcrazy:

We probably saw close to 30 deer running around before and for several minutes after the shot. Way cool.

Congrats! :thumbsup:
I'm sure Emma will always remember a day like that. :hatsoff:

Regards and Waidmanns Heil!

Hope I'll have the same luck asap I get my TVM poorboy from Roy.

Regards

Kirrmeister

GO EMMA! A memory that will be sure to last both of you a life time. May be time to look at getting Emma her own rifle?

PJC

PJC,

She can have her Brother's hand-me-down. A .45 cal Southern Mtn, made by Brian Turner. Its got a shorter pull, and her Brother (13) has outgrown it already.

I have one by Brian Turner. I think it is a fantastic rifle. Hope to give mine a workout first week of december in our muzzleloading season.

019.JPG

Nice job. It's fantastic that you are doing it with the youth of today as they are the supporters of the shooting sports of tomorrow!
Dusty

Way to go... It's great that you took your daughter along too. That day with dad will not soon be forgotten.

Latest posts

Back