• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stuck ball removed with lighter fliud charge?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blahman,

If you use this modern gas, do you have to use a lead additive? :huh:

Can you just imagine this fella walking into a station and wanting to purchase just the .9 cents worth of gas that is posted on the sign?

"Ah, excuse me ma'am, can I get just .9 cents worth? Here's a penney, keep the change!" :rolleyes:

i saw a real good idea in the beartooth bullet forum, but you have to plan ahead a little bit. they suggested getting a grease fitting with the same thread as your nipple. if the ball gets stuck or is loaded without powder, just screw in the fitting and attach a grease gun and pump the ball out of the barrel. you could even use one of the refillable grease guns and use cheap shortening. sounded like a good idea to me. you will have a cleaning job on your hands afterward. never had much with ball pullers.

siamese4570

One of my friends dad made an attatchment for his air compressor to remove charges. It works so well that's how he unloads it after hunting if he can't or does not want to shoot it.

I bought one of those CO2 dischargers, and it works great. The only caution that I would advise is to make sure it is pointed in a safe direction. The last time I unloaded at home, I pointed it into the ground and it really "cracked" when I discharged the round ::. It made me wonder if you could use it if you ran out of powder if you were out huntin! ::

I got one of the CO2 dischargers and it is well worth the money. Works great.

IronMan

This has gone from interesting to rediculous to insane to downright deadley.

Naw, I think were still in the insane part of this. Anybody else agree....can I have a show of hands that think were insane? :haha:

Naw, I think were still in the insane part of this. Anybody else agree....can I have a show of hands that think were insane? :haha:

showofhands.jpg

Yep, it's insane, in a downright deadley sort of way...

Bottom line, don't do it...

:crackup: MUSKETMAN : I don't know how ya do it, but.................. DON'T STOP :hatsoff:

That's too funny! Claude looks real serious too.

Nope, whatever ya do MM, don't stop, don't stop at all! :applause: :applause: :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

I haven't heard about lighter fluid, but I do know this - a guy in the area was cleaning the bore of his percussion rifle with paint thinner. He stuck the patched rod in the bore. He then decided to fire a cap to "dry it out". He now has a metal hook in place of his right hand.

8905c

showofhands.jpg

Yep, it's insane, in a downright deadley sort of way...

Bottom line, don't do it...

Hey! looks like i took off some wieght!

Back