• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Successful Draw in New Mexico!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally pulled a deer tag for New Mexico, after two years of applying! My brother, who lives there, pulled the same tag. Looks like some mule deer will be in trouble come October 25!

Hope the rest of ya's were successful as well! :thumbsup:

Lincoln National Forest - Unit 34 at the end of October. My brother is in the Air Force and moved to Alamogordo last year, so he's about 20 mins from where we'll hunt. He said it's not the greatest area for trophies, but he always sees tons of deer. Honestly, I'm just happy to get out in those woods - it's beautiful.

Me too, deer and elk. But mine are both archery so enough said here.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

Congrats.

I'm assuming that you are not familiar with New Mexico, so allow me a comment about the climate. In fall, the afternoons can be quite balmy. However, because of the high altitude, when the sun goes down, the temperature can drop to freezing. This is one of the more frequent causes of accidental death amongst hunters and hikers. People go out dressed for the pleasant afternoon conditions, carrying no extra clothing or gear, then get stranded overnight for some reason, and die of exposure. NM is a good place to remember the maxim that "Mother Nature is a gripe."

Back