• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sweet little .45.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a clever bird but they take eggs and chicks in spring.
A few missing won't do any harm.

I am always impressed with this wee .45 though!

B.

Britsmoothy said:

I have a neglected old 36 caliber CVA Bobcat, the early version with a wooden stock. You've inspired me to consider opening it up to 45 caliber smooth. The barrel is heavier than I'd like, so that's a factor. It's short and handy, and would be an outstanding "shotgun" in our snowshoe hare tangles. Been looking for a small gauge for a long time, and it's been sitting under my nose all the while.

Thanks!

BrownBear said:
Britsmoothy said:

I have a neglected old 36 caliber CVA Bobcat, the early version with a wooden stock. You've inspired me to consider opening it up to 45 caliber smooth. The barrel is heavier than I'd like, so that's a factor. It's short and handy, and would be an outstanding "shotgun" in our snowshoe hare tangles. Been looking for a small gauge for a long time, and it's been sitting under my nose all the while.

Thanks!
BB, it amazes me! I do no worse with it than the larger guns on small game! Or fox and I would take deer with it too under fifty with the double ball loads or a single patched ball.

B.

I love all your posts, look forward to them. But I have 3 questions for you.
Are you wanted for something?(face always cover)
Do you work or just hunt?
And how did you train that big rat to hunt?

juice jaws said:
I love all your posts, look forward to them. But I have 3 questions for you.
Are you wanted for something?(face always cover)
Do you work or just hunt?
And how did you train that big rat to hunt?
Yes I do work, welder by trade.
No not an out law.
I noticed years ago that if you want to get close to small game to cover white skin. A white face and hands is a dead giveaway to game.

Training Jess is an on going project. Although I don't expect much due to not owning her from a puppy she is doing ok.
She is getting to know me and telling the difference from playful me and serious me!
She can be quite manipulative to get her own way and sometimes a reality check is needed to remind her who is the boss!

B.

That is the joy in having a dog as a friend, or a child substitute.

The .45 is my favorite caliber and I own three. They have been my major deer killing machines for a long, long time. A .45 smoothie sounds great to me! I am probably quite a renegade considering how much I LIKE crows. That's why I don't shoot them. They are incredibly intelligent and can solve various difficult situational problems that even stump chimps. I do not begrudge anyone shooting them, however, as a few won't be missed; and their populations are thriving. And you, Brit, are my hunting role model. :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back