• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swivel gun stand and implements

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyhole

45, 50, 69, 75
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Working on a stand and implements for my friend’s new swivel gun.

IMG_1420.jpeg
IMG_1427.jpeg

Well your a good friend. Nice work, take a picture of the cannon mounted if possible.

Thank you sir, he's a great guy and I wanted to do something nice for him.
Here’s his 1.75" bore swivel gun replica mounted on the stand. He wanted the stand to be burned and clear-coated, and at wheel chair height. I also surprised him with a bench top stand in tribute to his service in Vietnam. He can use that one at his local range.
IMG_1872.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg

Last edited:
I've always wondered how swivel guns with any kind of mount absorbed recoil. Carronades had slides and regular cannons wheels, but what of swivels?
The tall stand teeters some but doesn’t fall. If you hold on to the tiller and aim her it just bumps you a little.

The bench top stand is heavy and smooth on the bottom….she slides back about 3 inches when you fire the cannon

Back