• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C .45 Patriot Target Load

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schuetzen32

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just put my fathers 45 Patriot back together after 35 years in a box. If you have a favorite starting or target load, please share. I'm considering going with Triple 7. Other then it's not BP has anyone had good luck with this powder? Thanks for the help.

I use 20 gr. Goex 3f, .440 RB and according to my micrometer .013 pillow ticking patch.

The Lyman BP Handbook gives loads of 20, 25 and 30 for a .45 cal single shot pistol with a 8 inch barrel.
Velocities range from 924-1104 for Goex FFFg and 756-1003 for Pyrodex P.
They don't list 777 but from what I've heard it is a little hotter than the B/P and loads should be reduced 10-15%.

Back