• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C BLACK MOUNTAIN ????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZERMATT7

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking at a T/C Black Mountain 50 caliber, 1:28" twist 26" Barrel
Looks like a cross between a Renegade & New Englander

Does anyone have any experience with these rifles?

I have Hawkens, Renegades & a Grey Hawk but never heard of one of these...

Thanks

I had a Black Mountain Magnum about five years ago. It was blue/walnut. Not a bad muzzleloader, if you do not want to shoot roundballs. It was a sabot shooter. Mine looked like a New Englander, with a fast twist. I sold it as I prefer to shoot roudballs. I now have a New Englander with it's 1 in 48" twist, and it shoots roundballs with accuracy. I would stick to a New Englander, if you are going to shoot roundballs. If you like the idea of the musket cap ignition in the Black Mountain, you can change out the nipple in a New Englander to a musket cap nipple. Ah, decisions, decisions ! :grin:

Back