• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken: Broke my sear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZMLII

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I broke the tip off my sear. How hard is it to replace? Should I do it myself or send it to T/C?

AZMLII said:
I broke the tip off my sear. How hard is it to replace? Should I do it myself or send it to T/C?
It's a simple few minute job...but T/C may not simply send you the part under warranty at no charge...they usually require that you send in the lock and they'll fix it under warranty.
Otherwise, they'll sell you part and mail it.

Note:
Depending on the lock's age, there can be some benefit to sending it in as they might replace some other upgraded parts under warranty while they have it.

Thank you for the advice. I'll give T/C a call on Monday and see about sending the lock to them.

Back