• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken new sight installed and range report

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmills

40 Cal.
Reaction score
When I got this T/C Hawken last week, its rear sight had been removed for a scope base. Sold the scope base on e-bay.

Installed new sight from Thunder-Ridge: Mounts using stock T/C sight screw holes, long tang allows sight to be 3.5" forward of original sight postion. However, even with the sight set all the way down, the shots are high. I have filed down the notch on the sight already and improved some. Still need to do more.

MVC-042S1.jpg

This three shot group was with prbs at 25 yards from benchrest and with sights at 6 o'clock position 3" below center of target.

MVC-043S1.jpg

Windy and humid at range today, but wind was directly in my face.

Looks like she ought to be a shooter once ya get a load worked up. You might be able to get a taller front sight also to help bring the group down some more.

shootin good. to really fine tune it, i like a rear peep sight, such as the creedmore style and a brass bead on the front. this works extremely well for me and not real expensive. :)

Its the[url] thunder-ridge-muzzleloading.com[/url] base # 80500 with a buckhorn # 19195 substituted for the bar with notch. Not sure if that helped any with sighting, but it seems better to me.

Gunnut, I strongly considered using a peep sight and may yet do so for hunting anyway. I wanted to try this first before resorting to drilling holes in the tang to mount the peep.

I will be trying a taller front sight but probably not in time for the TMLRA shoot next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back