• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuilder

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My Renegade has somewhat of a heavy trigger pull.
Can these be professionally "lightened" or should I replace with set triggers? Are set triggers available for the Renegade? Is it the same trigger group as the Hawken?
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks!

My T/C Renegade has the set triggers, maybe because it's one of the older ones.
I'm sure you can get them.

I assume it uses the same single trigger that the New Englander uses. If so, the double set trigger would require some inletting. It won't just drop in. I was going to outfit my New Englander with double set triggers but never got around to it because of the inlet work.

dustystones said:
My Renegade has somewhat of a heavy trigger pull.
Can these be professionally "lightened" or should I replace with set triggers? Are set triggers available for the Renegade? Is it the same trigger group as the Hawken?
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks!
Sounds like you have the "Hunter" model with the single trigger...first thing you need to do is make a feasibility inspection.

Remove that little trigger guard and see if the trigger mortise underneath it is the full size standard mortise used with Renegades that had the double set triggers...it might not be...because the short length of that trigger guard might not cover up all the unused mortise if it was the original size...and if the full sized trigger mortise is not there, my instincts would say just close it back up and cancel the plan.

But if it is there, then you SHOULD be able to buy and install a Renegade double set trigger assembly...maybe $40-50 bucks.

BUT...then you also have to buy the full size Renegade trigger guard that fits the larger double set trigger assembly...about $50 bucks.

AND...will have to do some wood work with a router, to make recesses for the "feet" on each end of the larger, longer trigger guard to fit flush down into the stock wood on the bottom of the stock.

Also, a quick call to T/C would probably clarify it as well.

If the mortise will accept a double set trigger I can recommend the Davis double set trigger TOTW sells. It just about drops in to TC Renegade/Hawkins that came with double sets (5 min of work).

I nice light but crisp set trigger.

Back