• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Target quality single shot pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a target quality single shot. Can be flint or percussion. Along the lines of Pedersoli LePage, Tatham & Egg, Mortimer, etc. Also, possibly an underhammer. Or will consider a custom. Would consider a matched pair of flint and percussion. Lots of items for possible trade. Let me know what you have, and thanks.

i love pistol target shooting and shot against some top dogs.. i had a yazel 36 cal n it need more work than i wanted to put into it. So i used a traditions trapper 50 cal and used 20 grains a 490 ball n pillow ticking pre cut patch and it would print all in the black in the 10 shot match. They are excellent for the dollor with x2 set triggers but the bbls are soft steel and wear out around 1000 shots,,I had 4 inches of the rifling missing and before i noticed inside as the the group was getting BIGGER.Good for the money and i have one now and when its starts going crazy in groups ill replace the bbl

Target pistol for your consideration;

This .38 cal. presentation grade Danish pistol is signed by Delcomy in Kiobenhaven & was mfg. between 1841-1851.

The internal & external workmanship on this presentation grade pistol is equal or better to any of the top French or English makers.
Specs;
-This well balanced pistol weighs just 1&1/2 lbs & overall length is 16"
-The slightly swamped & rifled .38 cal. barrel with hooked breech & 8 groove rifling measures 10.50" long.
-The double-set triggers will fire set or unset, trigger-pull in 'set' position just requires a thought to fire..

Photos show this fully engraved pistol remains in 98% original condition & the lock & double set triggers functions perfectly.
The barrel's spotless breech, nipple & nipple threads indicate this pistol may not have been fired.
I've priced this unique pistol at $3,200 plus actual cost of USPO Priority shipping & insurance.
Feel free to contact me for more information, I have more detailed photos of all facets of the pistol.
Relic shooter

Attachments

• Danish Target Pistol, lockside view photo 1.jpg
    Danish Target Pistol, lockside view photo 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Danish Target Pistol, opposite lockside view photo 2.jpg
    Danish Target Pistol, opposite lockside view photo 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • Danish pistol Maker or Proof Mark photo 4.jpg
    Danish pistol Maker or Proof Mark photo 4.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Danish Target Pistol, bore view photo 5.jpg
    Danish Target Pistol, bore view photo 5.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Danish Presentation Grade pistol photo of Lock interior #1.jpg
    Danish Presentation Grade pistol photo of Lock interior #1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Danish Pistol barrel, top view Damascus Patterning, engraving, gold inlays photo.jpg
    Danish Pistol barrel, top view Damascus Patterning, engraving, gold inlays photo.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 0
Looking for a target quality single shot. Can be flint or percussion. Along the lines of Pedersoli LePage, Tatham & Egg, Mortimer, etc. Also, possibly an underhammer. Or will consider a custom. Would consider a matched pair of flint and percussion. Lots of items for possible trade. Let me know what you have, and thanks.
I have 2 Yazel Pistols both in 32 caliber..one percussion, one flint. I’ve been gonna list them just haven’t gotten around to it yet…if you’re interested, I can send photos

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back