• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC New Englander length

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straightShot

Pilgrim
Reaction score
What is the overall length of a Thompson Center New Englander? I picked one up in .50, and it appears that the buttstock has been shortened.

Thank you for measuring your rifle.

Measuring mine from the muzzle to the middle of the buttplate comes in at 41 1/2", and the buttplate extends down beyond the stock about 3/16". I suspect that someone shortened it an inch and a quarter for some reason.

ya need to measure the length of pull not the overall length to see if it's been shortened. also ya should able to tell by the buttplate. they're fiited individually to the stock and any shortening would show overhanging metal or grinding/blue touchup on the plate. and for what it's worth new englanders have always seemed short in the pull department to me. luck and have a good'en neighbor, bubba.

Back