• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Renagade sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canemminor

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am finally getting near the end of my Renagade project. It is a TC renagade stock and furniture fitted with a 36 inch GM .54 cal barrel. There are three pipes on the rib to hold the ramrod. My problem now is the sights. The factory stock is too straight in the comb and makes it hard to get my face down for good sight alingment. I am open to ideas concerning raised sights that would not look too out of place.

I have settled on my sights. I ordered a Lyman no17atc that will place the LOS .853 above the barrel and I will make the rear sight from a .250 x 20tpi screw with an aperture built atop it. the high LOS will mitigate the high straight comb and allow me to get a good sight picture and cheek weld without busting my face every time I touch one off.
Lastly I will brown the beast.

Here's a couple ideas...t/c peep
IMG_19291.jpg

modified buck horn rear sight.

IMG_1100.jpg

Sir, have you thought about lowering the comb until it suits your stance? Asking because I've been contemplating that mod myself.

What's the part number of that buckhorn sight with the long base and where did you find it. Thanks in advance...Tom

Update, I finally got the rifle put together and proofed. The only thing left is now to brown it. Yesterday at the range I was firing it with a .530 RB , .015 ticking patch and 75gr FFF. I used bore butter as patch lube. At 50 yards, fired from a bench I attained groups of about 1.5 inches. I was quite happy with it and once I figure the system out will post a few pics. It is a TC REnegade stock and furniture with a 36 inch x 1 inch GM barrel in .54 calibre. I fit three pipes to the rib that was purchased from TotW. Being as I could not get the correct bolster breech at the time I used a flint breech and fitted a drum. The sights are a lyman 17atc front and a rear tang sight that is adjusted by loosening the lock nut and screwing it up or down. One turn equals 2.5 inches at 50 yards. Next weekend I shall begin browning it using ferric chloride mixxed with water and a bit of alcohol.

Back