• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tents

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hmm: well it goes like this... I have a 16x16' fly on my wedge and I do some blacksmithin under it. Some sunny days the lights too bright to see the metal, so I figgered I'd git me some o them there cheap painters tarps to make me some side curtains. Well it worked real good till I smelled somethin funny and I turned around and there behind me a spark or cinder had landed on one of the curtains and a red edged circle about 16" in diameter was makin' my curtain disappear! :shocked2: :haha: :nono:

Years back I made my son a little lean to with a painters cloth and although waterproofed it leaked in a light rain. It became just a cooler cover very quickly.

I've heard both opinions. There are guys in my club that use the heavy duty ones and seal them up. Guess there are different grades.

Don't give up yet. I made a Wedge Tent out of painters tarps last year and it kept the rain out. The Sun Fly I may to go with it became a bit of pain while it was raining since it seemed to hold water in the middle quite well and required frequent lifting as the sag in the middle continued to grow.

It is a cheap investment and if you wash it in Hot water and Dry in with high heat (Don't use any form of softener either liquid or sheets) the size you make is the size it will stay. A gallon of CANVAK is a cheap way to increase its water resistance.

AND YOU MADE IT YOUR SELF. :hatsoff:

My wife and I (mostly my wife), made a 7x7 diamond tent out of a painters tarp. I double waterproofed it with CampDry. for a test I set it up outside and ran the hose on it. and fortunately it rained overnight. I found the ground underneath it dry except where it came in under the edges. I am goin to use it this coming year in my Reb civil war impression. So we shall see what happens from early spring to late fall .

Back