• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Testing strange objects using a smoothbore per a viewer's request:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have more fun with that smoothie than man should be allowed. I dont own one but watching you sure does peak ones interest in one. Im not sure I would shoot some of what you are shooting out of mine but I have often wondered how accurate they are with ball and patch to 50 yards. I have however seen guys on the forum here shoot quite well with theres. Thanks for the video Mark it was interesting as always

A lot of fun for sure -- I feel sorry for that gun!

You have more fun with that smoothie than man should be allowed. I dont own one but watching you sure does peak ones interest in one. Im not sure I would shoot some of what you are shooting out of mine but I have often wondered how accurate they are with ball and patch to 50 yards. I have however seen guys on the forum here shoot quite well with theres. Thanks for the video Mark it was interesting as always
He is the reason I own one watching all his crazy videos.

Thanks Mark! Another great video!

My results using cut shot and gravel were very similar to yours. I got a little better pattern using brown paper wadding but not enough to write home about.

I’m guessing that back in the 18th and 19th centuries folks did what they had to do for survival. They couldn’t always run to a gun shop or place an internet order for supplies.

Keep em’ coming!

Reminded me of what my brother and I did with an old Springfield musket back in the day. If it would fit down the bore, it got shot out. We once killed a free ranging chicken across a rock pit lake with a glass marble. The old farmer took exception to that and we got our first taste of rock salt out of his shotgun.:eek:

Well ain't hat somethin !!! Pretty cool bud. Funny ...ya get guys on here afraid to shoot bare ball outta their smoothbores and your shootin rocks and arrows !! LOL !! After watching Chris Kristpherson" Billy the Kid " shoot Bob Ollinger with " 16 thin dimes " from a 12 ga. I had to try that a bunch of times , LOL .... Was cool too cause usually VDO won't play out here in the boonies but tonight it did !! Great VDO ! Thanks ...take care ... :)

The best thing about this video was getting the idea to use dryer lint as wadding. I'll have to remember to collect some for that next time I clean the filter. I'll bet it works pretty good.

Well ain't hat somethin !!! Pretty cool bud. Funny ...ya get guys on here afraid to shoot bare ball outta their smoothbores and your shootin rocks and arrows !! LOL !! After watching Chris Kristpherson" Billy the Kid " shoot Bob Ollinger with " 16 thin dimes " from a 12 ga. I had to try that a bunch of times , LOL .... Was cool too cause usually VDO won't play out here in the boonies but tonight it did !! Great VDO ! Thanks ...take care ... :)

This week.....I'm fulfilling another viewer's request testing some strange objects using a smoothbore.
Enjoy:

Mark, the Indian Shot Plant, Canna indica, has seeds so hard that people used them as ammo: LINK

Seeds:

1000001556.jpg

Hey Mark! I’d love to see some up close pictures of the guns you use most in your videos, especially the smooth bore. I just think the patina of we’ll used guns is interesting. Yeah, weird I know. How about it?

Hey Mark! I’d love to see some up close pictures of the guns you use most in your videos, especially the smooth bore. I just think the patina of we’ll used guns is interesting. Yeah, weird I know. How about it?
Here's the patina on one of my " just built , brand new " trade guns ...if I saved the pics of the phone that is ...think I did ...let's see ...

Attachments

• IMG_20231215_131353.jpg
    IMG_20231215_131353.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_124128.jpg
    IMG_20231212_124128.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_124803.jpg
    IMG_20231212_124803.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1670634977512.jpg
    FB_IMG_1670634977512.jpg