• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Texas Deer Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50flinter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Went to Texas for a late doe hunt to fill the freezer. Ended up with five deer; got three with my T/C Hawken 50 cal flintlock. I used a Maxi ball this time to see the difference from my PRB load. Big difference; never had to go look for a blood trail. Furthermost shot was 78 yards and the doe dropped where it stood. Really enjoy hunting with this flintlock.

Welcome to Texas!!

Where were ya hunting in our great state?

Congrats on the meat makin'!!

I go to Rocksprings. The ranch is about 22,000 acres and great for walking around looking for deer. I also go back for turkey. I really like a five deer and four turkey county. Saw some hogs, but couldn't get a clear shot.

Back